Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wait, So What's Water Ice?

So last night was when I finally saw Amanda and Mariellen for the first time in like 20 months. Well, Amanda for 20 months, Mariellen since the 15 minutes I saw her at Rob's over Christmas break (good times). Amanda brought her friend, and Mariellen brought her boyfriend Jordan from Centre (whose name Amanda failed to remember the whole night). I found out a few things:

1) I need to hang out with those two more often. You know, when they're not working or at camp.
2) The name "water ice" is stupid.

Jordan brought it up when he asked "What's...water ice?" and I thought it was a ridiculous question. Until I realized that I had asked the exact same thing the first time I heard it and just adjusted to the state cuisine.

How can something be water AND ice? It's Italian Ice. Which again, the Italians didn't invent ice, but it's a more conventional and logical name than water ice. First of all, it's more of a slush than ice, but certainly not water. Second, the flavoring isn't water, it's flavoring. It comes in mango, vanilla, cherry (with pits), Alex's Lemonade (which Alyson still needs to steal for me), and tons of others. But it's not both water and ice. If anything, it should be called "flavored slush in a cup."

But I don't think that would sell as well.

No comments: