Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's A Hallway With Planes Attached

I think Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport is the cutest thing I've ever seen. It is, essentially, a hallway with planes attached. Seriously, people, the Pyramid Mall is bigger than this airport.

You walk in the doors, and there's like 8 people to the right at those check-in desks. I already had my boarding pass, so I got to bypass that (after going there and her smiling and politely telling me I didn't have to talk to her).


Next, you walk through this bright airy lobby, where there's a model plane hanging from the roof. To the right, there's a cafe/gift shop (for all your "Ithaca is Gorges" T-Shirt needs) and to the left there's the car rental place/ baggage claim, which I didn't even see a carousel for (but I could be wrong, I took a quick glance). Ahead of you is security, which didn't take long, although I didn't have much stuff. The guy there looked at my license and started asking me questions about the Border Cafe and if I knew his family (who were teachers) in Newark. Which greatly amused me.

Past the security are the gates. All 6 of them. In a big room. You walk out of them outside to little ladders up to the planes. And in long breaks between flights? They kick you back out past security to the cafe. Which...is really funny.

No comments: