Sunday, March 1, 2009

We Belong Together Like Traffic and Weather

I don't think I've mentioned this on the blog, but me and my travel buddy Kristyne are heading to California for Spring Break. We're crashing with my Aunt and Uncle, and really, it's been a countdown to this Saturday afternoon when we leave.

The plan is to leave from Syracuse Hancock International Airport and fly to John F. Kennedy International Airport in NYC, which is supposedly a zoo. Then from JFK, we're flying direct to San Francisco International Airport. On the way home we get split, and she flys the same route backwards as I take a detour through Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International and get to Syracuse an hour after Kristyne gets back.

(Enough links for you?)

Here's the issue. According to various reports, the Northeast is supposed to get a killer snowstorm this weekend. According to the weather forecast above for Syracuse, it doesn't seem like it's going to hit up there. But every other day up there before this? Snow. I'm worried. I would be bummed if we missed CA, and if Kristyne misses another flight due to snow, heads will roll.

So just say a quick prayer that it doesn't snow for anyone traveling for Spring Break, whether on train, plane, or automobile.

No comments: