Wednesday, February 11, 2009

M.I.A. — Maybe In Academy?

After settling in to watch the Grammy Concert (sorry, Grammy Awards), I got to wondering how the Academy Awards Best Song performances were going to go.

Three songs are nominated for the award: "Down to Earth" from Wall-E, and "Jai Ho" and "O Saya" from Slumdog Millionaire. Traditionally, all three are performed live at the awards show. So this would mean that the performers would be Peter Gabriel (for "Down to Earth"), and A.R. Rahman's orchestra and Indian singer Guzlar and Sri Lankan phenom M.I.A.

The problem here is that M.I.A. has been due to pop since she felt contractions at the Grammys, where she performed "Swagger Like Us" on her literal due date.

I just want to know when she will have this little bundle of fun and if she will be at the Academy Awards or if she will still be at home with the baby. I can't help but hope that she will be on the stage February 22nd, but it's not really up to me. Or her, really.

So what do you think the odds are? Do you think M.I.A. will perform? Do you think the song will win? And if she does perform, will she rock the ladybug look again?

No comments: