Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Love for Seth Meyers Knows No Bounds

I've been generally disappointed with Weekend Update since Tina Fey left the cast. So when Seth Meyers and Amy Poehler were the replacements, I was skeptical. I like Poehler, but I didn't know if she could be funny without Fey backing her up. And I didn't think the show would be funny without Fey writing it.

(And for that last part, I was right!)

For Weekend Update, Seth Meyers filled that void pretty quick, kicking it old school with Norm MacDonald-esque sarcasm. He's also the head writer. And last night provided a few pretty good zingers, I won't lie. I particularly liked the bit about the banned PETA commercial and relating it to The Girls Next Door. Added to the "armed robbery" joke a few weeks back? Love.

No comments: