Sunday, February 1, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire, Take Two

Last night I decided to not write my article for The Ithacan and go out to see a movie I'd already seen with a bunch of people who hadn't seen it. And I gotta tell you: Slumdog Millionaire is just as good the second time around. But let's start at the beginning.

First off was a quick (free) visit to Oasis/Common Grounds to interview some people for the article. Some interviews weren't great - mainly because they had never been there before, the couple playing pool and the beer-drinker in the corner were visiting from out of town - but some were pretty awesome. Clay "Just one name, like Cher" the bar tender was fabulous, and was really interesting to talk to. Both owners (new owner Pam and old owner Doug) were very interesting and very chill people. And the chef Cheryl was really sweet as well. My favorite student interview for this one was Rose, mainly because she had more to say than anyone else.

After that it was off to Cinemapolis. I do admit, I was disappointed when my ice cream melted in Allie's purse - it didn't get on anything, but it was still a bummer, sneaking ice cream in and having it be chocolate soup when you get in the theater.

But I digress. The movie was just as good the second time. I knew what was going to happen, but I was still shocked by everything. I was still moved. I still teared up at the end (I didn't cry, my eyes were dewy) and got a huge smile on my face watching the audience react. So in case you didn't catch my recommendation for this movie before, let me say it again.

Go see Slumdog Millionaire. In the theaters. Thank me later.

No comments: